Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_3_] Doctor Drivel[_3_] is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

"John Williamson" wrote in message
On 29/12/2011 17:28, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Do you go 125mph for hours on end? Even idiot Clarkson was in awe of
the Tesla.

After the two they tested broke down? I think not.

Again for fools: "Even idiot Clarkson was in awe of the Tesla."

Possibly until he drove it.

When driving it. He was screeching about the acceleration.

You *have* watched the whole review, haven't you? Including the bits where
Clarkson notes that *both* test vehicles failed during the test?

The point was not the quality of manufacture, it was the performance.

And where he says that a trip from the studios to Scotland would take two
or three *days* in the Tesla due to the limited range and slow recharging,
as against a few hours in the Lotus Elise it's based on?

It would act very differently using the new Toshiba batteries with charging
points at service stations. I notice the brainwashed idiots never mention
them, as they never mention the Chevy Volt either.