Posted to uk.d-i-y
hugh hugh is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
hugh ] wrote:
I take it you've never been in a union? The idea that a few trouble
makers can 'lead' the majority like sheep is laughable.

I was in Coventry in the 60s. I witnessed it at first hand. You are
extremely naive in your views on what agitators can achieve.

You 'witnessed' it from inside the union? If so, why didn't you do
something about it?

Don't jump to conclusions
If from outside, your views will just be that of any other so called
observer like the meja.

Not necessarily.
However, the world is a very different place from the '60s. Mass
communication has moved on since then.

Indeed but this particular part of the discussion was about the
influence or otherwise of the unions on the poor performance ad ultimate
demise of much manufacturing in Britain in the 60s and 70s.

What it has to do with green public transport I'm not quite sure now.
--
hugh