Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] grimly4@gmail.com is offline

Default Oil filter change in old car - how often?

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 21:49:33 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

BUT the storage does not, and nor will it ever. Not in any way of
storing it currently known to mankind anyway.

Lots and lots of glens in Scotland, and **** the NIMBYs.

The green solution is to have a FEW windmills and a FEW battery cars for
the Green Party, and everyone else..well they just die. Simples!

I see a future where energy consumption will HAVE to be drastically
reduced or the living standards we take for granted nowadays will just
vanish - or only be available to the rich.
Super-insulating houses is one element of it, reducing lighting and
appliance consumption is another, but a significant effect will be the
need to throttle back on unnecessary motor vehicle use - whether
diesel, petrol, or electric powered. [1]
I sincerely hope we don't fall into the clutches of the Green Party in
the forthcoming years, as they're as bad in their own way as the
rotten selfish Tories or the crazy Left of the Labour Party. In
Ireland, the GP held a position of real influence in the las gov't and
by god, didn't we all here feel the effects of that.
Basically, they're all arseholes who bumble along without any real
clue as to what they should be doing.

[1]In spite of what bull****e the Peak Oil deniers spout, I know there
will be an eventual end to the cheap energy we grew up with and to
dismiss that is the mark of a fool.