Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

[Snip]

But I'm not quite sure why you expect a union to help a non union member?

Interestingly, after the BBC Legionella outbreak the main union (BECTU)
offered its legal services to all who had been affectted. This turned out
to be a mixed blessing. The union's lawyer advised accepting the very
first offer made by the BBC. I felt the offer was far too low and wrote to
say so. I got a fairly rude letter back. Unfortunately for the lawyer, a
similar rude letter was sent to a member of the union's NEC (another
victim). We were then advised to reject the first offer. A significantly
increased offer was made later. Unfortunately, those who were in most need
of the compensation had done as their union lawyer said originally and
accepted the original offer.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16