Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Justin Time[_2_] Justin Time[_2_] is offline

Default Converting warehouse lighting from T12 to T8

"Vic Smith" wrote in message

As I understand it, T12 tubes are going away.
But T8 tubes "usually" work fine with T12 ballast.
I've seen it said the T8 tubes don't last as long in a T12, but no
proof of that.
Try some T8 tubes in a couple fixtures and see how that goes.
No sense changing the ballasts if it's costing you nothing to keep
them.

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a T8 bulb will work
with a T12 ballast.

Part of my job requires the conversion of T12 to T8 within our campus. We
are changing all ballasts to T8 universal 120-277v. Sticking a T8 bulb in a
fixture with T12 doesn't light the bulb.