Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Converting warehouse lighting from T12 to T8

Ignoramus4193 wrote:

-snip-

I was also reading about it. Looks like, like you said, I can replace
ballasts and start using T8 bulbs, right? And I can hire a $12/hr guy
to do it? (I am too busy by far)

Got a BOSCES or trade school nearby? Might be a good project for
the kids-- bring them 1/2 at a time.

If all your lights are the same, it is easy once the pattern is
figured out. In my dozen I ran across 4-5 different ways that they
were wired up. [I don't remember any particulars, but remember a fair
amount of head-scratching went on during the project]

Oh-- and I have to say these have been more reliable than my
collection of cheap shoplights that I had accumulated. 2 years down
and not even a bulb has needed replacing. About 1/2 of them are on
12/7.

Jim