Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LED Series Christmas Lights

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 10:31:03 -0800 (PST), JeffM
wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
I do like Christmas lights, but
they only last until the squirrels are done chewing on the wires.

I see rodent-related threads hereabouts from time to time.
The solution has been know for eons.
That is the proper seeds in birdfeeders
and the proper vegetable extract applied to other things:
http://google.com/search?q=Hobanero-video
Those little dudes will leave skid marks getting away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habanero_chili
Interesting idea, but I don't think it will work in the deep dark
forest. Chili peppers require a warm climate, dry acidic soil, and
plenty of sun. Where I live, only the acidic soil is available. Also,
I don't think it will be practical installing chili planters along the
hand rails and roof edge, where the Christmas lamps live.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D