Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Cleaning Aluminum Peanut

"Stanley Schaefer" wrote in message
On Dec 28, 10:35 am, "Steve B" wrote:
"Stanley Schaefer" wrote

Just for curiosity, how big IS this peanut? Hand-sized or man-sized?

Stan

8.5" x 3.5" x 2.5" In any order, length, width, or height doesn't matter,
just substitute randomly.

Steve

I was hoping for a full-sized Mr. Peanut, myself. So soak in the
solvent of choice until satisfied, then clean out the crevices with a
Dremel and small brushes, buff with a loose buff and mag wheel polish
of choice.

Stan

Pretty much my thoughts. See how acetone would do on a test area. If good,
use it to take out the dark areas, although some look like the residue of
sand castings. A little touch up with the Foredom, then a nice polish with
a little compound on a cotton bench wheel.

It's going to look sweet. I'll post pics when it's done.

It was just one of those pieces laying there saying , "Take me home!"

Steve