Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot water heater and recirculator pump

On Dec 28, 5:20*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Evan wrote:
On Dec 28, 2:04 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Evan wrote:
Second you seem to think that you need some sort of circulator pump
but you don't, not if you don't need one now... Just pay to have the
gas
lines extended to where your present hot water tank is located
rather ~~ Evan

Re-locating the tank is most likely related to exhaust pipe needs
for a gas heater, not water pipe needs.

Purchase a gas hot water heater that uses a power exhaust unit and
it uses PVC drain piping to vent the products of combustion... *Can
vent anywhere in the house to an exterior wall...

If you want to base where to locate something based on buying the
cheapest unit off the rack in the local home improvement warehouse
that will add to the complexity of the install...

Hire a plumber with a decent reputation out of the phone book and
have them quote the project in a couple of ways...

Going off half cocked and doing it one way because you think it is
the best way isn't a good thing to do...

I read no indication of that.- Hide quoted text -

I didn't see any indication of anyone going off half-cocked.
except Evan, as usual. He's jumping to the conclusion that
the guy is relocating the water heater location to be able
to use gas. Reading the post again, there is absolutely
no connection betweent the two that I see.

All I see is that the poster wants to replace an electric
water heater with a gas one and that he wants to install
a circulation pump because hot water is not currently
getting somewhere it's needed fast enough. And for that
he gets jumped on?