Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Five dead in Xmas fire in CT

When my parents got a house with a fire place, they were very careful with
the hot ashes. I'm with you, it sounds like the family had no experience
with fireplaces.

We who are still living. We can do our part by sharing our education, and by
purchasing and installing smoke detectors for those we love. I've installed
smoke detectors, and good quality batteries, for those I know.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Reed" wrote in message

My guess is they had no experience with fireplaces. Years ago when I
lived in a newer "starter" home subdivision, every fall/early winter
there would be several garage fires as a new owner would put ashes in
a cardboard box in the garage.

Just like parenting, most people learn about home ownership at the
school of hard knocks. Very sad for this women who lost her children
and parents all in one tragedy.