mttt

Default David Mark's crosscut sled

"pintihar" wrote in message

Hello WWs,
similar in the past, but I don't have great results. It seems there is
a heavy vertical piece with two pieces of plywood screwed to it.

?? My guess is that vertical hardwood fence is on top of and attached to the
plywood sled.

Just finished my attempt at a DJM sled. See "Crosscut Sled Epiphany" thread
below. Used pre-primed MDF for my fence. That should be stable.

Sled itself was 1/2" baltic birch - 30x30".
Runners were red-oak leftovers. Screwed up into sled from below.
Two coats of shellac to seal everything up after getting it all square.

Hard part for me was making the runners - don't have a thickness planer.
Took a few tries before I could make a 32" long part that fit snugly in the
miter slot.