Posted to alt.home.repair
Davej Davej is offline

Default Hot water heater and recirculator pump

Looks like Home Depot has GE and Lowes has Whirlpool. Both offer 6, 9,
12 year models. I was thinking of getting the 9 year (40 gallon) to be
one step above the cheapest. Since I am switching over from electric
to gas I wonder how I might estimate the monthly reduction I should
see on my electric bill?

I also bought one of these some time back and it has been sitting in
the cardboard box;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Taco-Bronze-...item43ab6adccc

Since I will be relocating the water heater this may be the right time
to try to install the circulator scheme. This implies a loop, so I'm
thinking of running a smaller pipe back to the pump from the farthest
point (kitchen). The main run is 3/4". I guess the return to the pump
could be 1/2" or even smaller?