Posted to alt.home.repair
Erik[_5_] Erik[_5_] is offline

Default Odd X-10 Problem: Apparently Solved

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 00:27:34 -0500, frank1492
wrote:

Recall the original problem where some modules in the house were not
properly responding to command.
One of the modules was connected to an extension cord which
appears to have had an intermittent problem (bad connection), so
sometimes the module was getting juice, other times it wasn't. I
assume this may have generated a little sizzle from time to time which
generated noise thus affecting other modules on the same circuit.
When I removed the module from the cord and plugged it into a
wall socket, the problem in that and other modules (presumably on the
same circuit) seemed to cease. Haven't had any problems for several
days now.
Does that make sense?
Frank

Yes, I've had problems cause by similar situations.

Suggest you destroy & dispose of that cord before it becomes a source of
grief.

Erik