Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Solder rot

On 28/12/2011 09:59, D.M. Procida wrote:
Brian wrote:

Most of these are digitally tuned and the modulators in these computers
tend to drift. In the old sets the afc followed the drift, but not the newer
models. Often, its better to wire up a monitor lead and get the sound out as
audio.

No, it's not the modulator - I get it on the audio out too. And I don't
think it's the amplifier either, as a tone from a signal generator on
the right pin of the sound chip socket comes through very clearly.

Dead 5481 SID chip possibly... (plenty on eBay, for a price!)

--
Cheers,

John.