Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Why aren't all screws pozidrive?

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 09:15:23 -0000, Mike Barnes wrote:

Lieutenant Scott :
I go out of my way to get pozidrive screws - what's the big idea with
people still using straight ones? Eg in sockets.

Screws on electrical terminals generally have slotted heads. Perhaps
someone can explain why. Similarly they generally have very fine threads
- I don't know whether there's a connection g.

The fine threads I can understand - they move slower per turn, so presumably make a better contact.

But this has nothing to do with the shape of the head. I'd much prefer not to have my screwdriver slip off the screw and onto a live wire....

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Whats the fastest thing in Wales?