Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_3_] Doctor Drivel[_3_] is offline

Default Oil filter change in old car - how often?

"tony sayer" wrote in message
Or carry on dreaming ..

PERHAPS CERN or the LHR will come up with a sub quantum twist that in 50
years will mean we have more energy than we know what to do with from
some level of reality we don't yet understand or even think exists.

Look at the work of Nick Tesla. Many of his patents were made secret and
taken off the record.

That
is FAR more likely than a 'better battery' coming along. Mind you all
that will happen then is someone will make a bloody bomb out of it.

I posted about the Toshiba battery. 20 years ago cell phones resembled a
brick because of the battery size. Within a few years the battery was
minuscule. There was little advancement over the years in batteries as the
"pressing" demand was not there. Arguably there was always a demand.
Amazing what they can do when they want to.

I wonder if the way forward is some sort of "inductive" power pickup
along main roads and motorways with battery/hybrid backup when "off
grid"

Mways are so packed they were "think tanking" that cars would need to be on
a rolling conveyor belt or chained together. The cars would not use their
own power - so back to the train. They could plug in along the way and use
batteries after.

Modern batteries with lightweight, insulated body with reflective glass can
go 300 miles.