Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Why aren't all screws pozidrive?

I blame the screwdriver makers myself. I actually never saw a socket head or
posi screw till I was at least 25.. The correct screwdriver for the slot
used to help a lot though.
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.v650f0lsytk5n5@i7-940...
I go out of my way to get pozidrive screws - what's the big idea with
people still using straight ones? Eg in sockets.

Pozidrive selfcentres, and doesn't slip out. And I find it's less likely
to burr.

Yes torx would be even better, but pozidrive is a start.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

It's an age-old truism. Men will quickly fall asleep after having sex.
And I know why, too.
It's because they've been up half the night begging for it.