Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Why aren't all screws pozidrive?

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 01:51:42 +0000, Rick Hughes wrote:
As to why we won;t go all Pozi ... simple, US uses choses not to use
Pozi.

Yes, they don't seem very common here - it's all Phillips for normal
work, and Robertson or Torx for anything that needs something a bit more
heavy-duty. Or at least, that's what I've found on the DIY side of
things, anyway.

It makes sense to me though - there's no point throwing another standard
into the pot when what you have covers all bases.

cheers

Jules