Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ventless gas heaters -- my experience

Residential furnaces, are made with some kind of protectant on the heat
exchanger. On the first heat, they pump out a lot of stink and fumes. Having
installed furnaces for six years, I'd ought to remembered that.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"willshak" wrote in message

I have a vent less propane fireplace in my 4 Seasons' sunroom.
When I lit it up for the first time after installation, it stunk to high
heaven.
I thought I had made a bad decision, but after using it a few more
times, the smell seemed to get less and less each time. It turned out to
be the heating of the fireplace's new interior parts materials that were
giving off the fumes. Since then, the smell disappeared and it hasn't
stunk since.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY