Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bench grinder spindle thread

wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 20:17:23 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

I had to dispose of a 13" South Bend lathe (sigh!) to cram in a more
useful
small knee mill.

Interesting! I use all three lathes about 9 times as frequently as my
mill.

That could change as I recently got a rotary table and for Christmas a
collet block with a 5C collet set but I still do not see it beginning
to equal the lathe use.

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

This is the current inventory at a nearby second-hand dealer:
http://www.brentwoodmachine.com/cate...earch=%20lathe
The $950 one is similar to mine, for less than I paid 20 years ago. This
might be a good time to look around.

jsw