Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_4_] Rick Hughes[_4_] is offline

Default Why aren't all screws pozidrive?

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.v650f0lsytk5n5@i7-940...
I go out of my way to get pozidrive screws - what's the big idea with
people still using straight ones? Eg in sockets.

Pozidrive selfcentres, and doesn't slip out. And I find it's less likely
to burr.

Yes torx would be even better, but pozidrive is a start.

Even more annoying ius when they are cross haed of inderterminate type ...
no extra x so they they be phillips ... yet angle is wrong and Phillipos
drivers simply cam out.

As to why we won;t go all Pozi ... simple, US uses choses not to use Pozi.