Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Why aren't all screws pozidrive?

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 21:44:22 -0000, Alan wrote:

In message op.v650f0lsytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
wrote
I go out of my way to get pozidrive screws - what's the big idea with
people still using straight ones? Eg in sockets.

Pozidrive selfcentres, and doesn't slip out. And I find it's less
likely to burr.

Yes torx would be even better, but pozidrive is a start.

I was attempting to fit a couple of cheap "made in China" TV sockets
today. In each socket, 4 screws in total and 3 different styles of cross
heads.

Designed by someone who has never had to fix 6/7mm coax cable to a
wall socket.

At least they were crossheads.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Paddy and his wife are lying in bed and the neighbours' dog is barking like mad in the garden.
Paddy says "To hell with this!" and storms off.
He comes back upstairs 5 minutes later and his wife asks "What did you do?"
Paddy replies "I've put the dog in our garden. Let's see how they like it!"