Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Why aren't all screws pozidrive?

In article ,
Gib Bogle wrote:
On 28/12/2011 9:27 a.m., Lieutenant Scott wrote:
I go out of my way to get pozidrive screws - what's the big idea with
people still using straight ones? Eg in sockets.

Pozidrive selfcentres, and doesn't slip out. And I find it's less likely
to burr.

Yes torx would be even better, but pozidrive is a start.

Builders in these parts seem to be adopting screws with a square hole
(don't know what they're called). They allow very high torque to be
applied.

Robertson - standard in Canada, I'm told.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16