Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan[_10_] Alan[_10_] is offline

Default Why aren't all screws pozidrive?

In message op.v650f0lsytk5n5@i7-940, Lieutenant Scott
wrote
I go out of my way to get pozidrive screws - what's the big idea with
people still using straight ones? Eg in sockets.

Pozidrive selfcentres, and doesn't slip out. And I find it's less
likely to burr.

Yes torx would be even better, but pozidrive is a start.

I was attempting to fit a couple of cheap "made in China" TV sockets
today. In each socket, 4 screws in total and 3 different styles of cross
heads.

Designed by someone who has never had to fix 6/7mm coax cable to a
wall socket.
--
Alan