Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

On 26/12/2011 20:55, Tony Bryer wrote:
What I meant by "drove it like a limousine" is reading the road and
anticipating what's ahead. You see more than a few who will see traffic
slowing ahead or a red light and drive hard up to it, then brake hard, or
who wait until the last possible moment before jumping across to a
motorway exit. And of course driving any car in this way significantly
improves economy.

Ah right. I do this in my sports car (yes, I can spell mid-life
crisis!). But I've gone off it a bit after an incident a couple of
years ago where I was rolling gently towards a red light and a used car
dealer overtook me on the left, braked hard, then cut across. Wrote the
car off.

Andy