Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Need a neutral to a light switch

PeterC wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 18:24:15 -0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

PeterC wrote:
I've a light fitting to wire in that has just L and N - no Earth.
The 1-way, 1-gang switch is in a convenient position (! - had to
happen eventually) but there's no neutral.
I'll replace the switch with a 2-way 2-gang plate and wire the new
light into that.

Would it be OK to replace the switch cable from the existing ceiling
rose with flat 3 & E and use one of the wires as N, suitably marked
of course?

Yes.

Thank you!

And good practice is to use the grey wire with blue sleeving as the neutral.
--
Adam