Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator question

On Dec 26, 1:17*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
After defrost cycle, my next SWAG would be a start relay on the compressor
going bad.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"KenK" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote :

You're probably noticing the defrost cycle. Let me guess. About 25
minutes long time, and either three or four times a day? The cold
control (thermostat) is typically in the fridge. The freezer relies on
the blast of cold air from the evaporator.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

I don't think so. This temperature cycle repeats over and over, every
time I check the temp. It didn't do this the first three months. My old
refrigerator didn't either - when the the defrost cycle occured it was
seldom and pretty obvious.

The OP needs to see if any vents are blocked, and if he is always
checking at the same times or not, maybe the change to non-daylight
savings time has altered when he checks the temp. A few degrees
change is normal, but if it varies by more than 5 degrees in any non-
deforst time period, something is wrong.