Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 13 countries that pay higher mfg. salaries than the US

In article ,
says...

On 12/26/2011 7:01 AM, Steve Walker wrote:
On 12/25/2011 22:35, Ed Huntress wrote:
To anyone who thinks that US manufacturing salaries, including
benefits, are harming our industries or trade, consider that there are
13 other countries that pay mo

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...the-us/250460/

So much for that idea. Some of the countries on that list are among
the most successful exporters of manufactured goods.

Back to the drawing board...

As a lazy researcher when it comes to statistics, I'm gonna go out on a
limb and guess that most of the countries above us in the chart export
items that need a higher skill level to produce, thus the higher
production per hour cost.

With the exception of Germany, most of the countries don't export much
in the way of manufactured goods at all. When was the last time you
bought a Norwegian or Austrian or Belgian or Swiss manufactured product?

For Swiss about two years ago, when my 30 year old Swiss-made Bosch
jigsaw crapped out, I replaced it with another Swiss-made Bosch jigsaw.
Bosch also has some saws that are not made in Switzerland, but mine was.