Witchy

Default Ok, where was my brain..???

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 08:55:09 +0000, PoP
wrote:

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:48:46 +0000, chris French
wrote:

Decide on placing, mark out and drill the first hole for the fixing
screws, drill goes off line a bit.. Peer into hole, notice something
shiny - realise it's the exposed live conductor of the ring main feeding
the above mentioned sockets etc.........

I'm sure we've all done a similar thing. I did that over 20 years ago.
First I knew about it was when the drill bit sparked on the live
cable.

It taught me good, better than any teacher could have done. And to
this day I immediately look for cable runs before getting the drill
out. Heck, I even go to the trouble of using a cable detector

When preparing to repair the knackered floorboards in the bathroom the
other week so we^W I could sand it (meh) I took up the board I'd
screwed back down after running new plumbing pipes a few years ago.

Remove one screw and as if by magic a water feature appeared at mains
pressure - I'd *just* managed to get the sharp pointy tip of the screw
to penetrate the plastic piping......why did I put the screw there in
the first place? %deity% knows......

Obviously the same set of circumstances that's seen me put a nail and
a screw through various parts of the phone cabling in this place
--
cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs