Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_3_] Tony Bryer[_3_] is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 14:15:43 +0000 Andy Champ wrote :
what do you mean by "drove it like a limousine" on the motorway? From
what I've seen Limos go up the motorway at the same speed as all the
other traffic - not quite fast enough to interest Plod.

There's not a lot of acceleration going on that would be different
between Limo and sports car.

What I meant by "drove it like a limousine" is reading the road and
anticipating what's ahead. You see more than a few who will see traffic
slowing ahead or a red light and drive hard up to it, then brake hard, or
who wait until the last possible moment before jumping across to a
motorway exit. And of course driving any car in this way significantly
improves economy.

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com