Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Federal Pacific Electric Stabloc

On 12/26/2011 9:06 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
One friend, their lights would flicker now and again. Finally, one evening
we pulled the panel box open, the power came in through a double 100
breaker. Same design as the other breakers, but it was inlet. Turned the
breaker off, pried it out of the box (very dificult, as it was corroded on)
and wire brushed the bus bar tabs. Which were corroded. Apply No-Al-Ox and
put back together.

I tried Noalox on threads of a Mag light, but weeks later could not get the
tail cap off. Ended up using two pipe wrenches to open the cap of the mag
light. The Noalox had etched the metal, and I could see it pitted.

I only use silicone dielectric grease on flashlights. You can get small
tubes of spark plug boot grease from the auto parts store which is the
same thing. ^_^

TDD