Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator question

You're probably noticing the defrost cycle. Let me guess. About 25 minutes
long time, and either three or four times a day? The cold control
(thermostat) is typically in the fridge. The freezer relies on the blast of
cold air from the evaporator.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"KenK" wrote in message
Last August I replaced my failing refrigerator with a new Kenmore. All
the many years I had the old refrigerator the freezer temp was a bit
below 0, until its last few weeks. The new Kenmore was also, the first
three or four months. Then it suddenly changed to + 4 to + 7 or so with
the analog freezer thermometer. I called warranty repair and the repair
guy checked it out and said it was normal. I was doubtful. I bought an
additional thermometer, a $10 digital freezer thermometer. Then, last
Saturday, the temp suddenly went up to +17. It seemed to go up to 17 or
so, then the cooling would come on and reduce it to around 0, then with
the cooling function off it would go back to 17, slowly, over and over. I
think it is a defective freezer thermostat, or don't they work that way
anymore? I called for service again Saturday, which will come this
Wednesday. How can I convince this service person this time that I really
have defective freezer function so it gets properly repaired? I'm afraid
the next temperature change, or the one after, will be to above freezing.
These Sears repair guys work on all the appliances and perhaps understand
none of them really well.

Or am I wrong and this is within normal freezer operation parameters?
BTW. the non-freezer portion of the refrigerator has, according to an old
analog thermometer, remained normal.

Ken

--
"Experience is something you don't get until
just after you need it." Steven Wright