Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Old Shop Tools

On 12/26/2011 9:03 AM, mcp6453 wrote:
My father left me several tools (Craftsman drill press, Craftsman radial arm
saw, Rockwell 14 band saw, unknown brand shaper) that are 50 years old or older.
I don't have a shop, room for a shop, or the skills necessary to align and
maintain these tools. Are tools of this vintage generally desirable or are they
junk?

Generally, the older the Craftsman, the better.

The Rockwell bandsaw is a classic; the shaper may or may not be of much
value depending on size, etc., etc., etc., that are unknown.

The drill press is probably of interest to many; the RAS has fallen from
general favor (altho I'm a strong proponent, my situation is a little
out of the average ahr as I have large shop and 16" beastie for a RAS)
and so, while undoubtedly of use is likely to generate little interest
except for the piranhas circling for the kill.

I'd suggest finding a friend who is knowledgeable locally and getting
guidance there if really do not have a place or the desire to create
such. And condolences on your loss...