Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default BEST cutter for highly machinable brass

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 10:47:59 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Most machinable brasses will have lead in them.
I hope you're not in California.

You guys presume WAY too much, and are being didactic while not helping.

I have a contract which clearly spells out using freely-machinable brass
for the perf-plate. The customer has already spoken on the issue of
lead. HE specified brass, waived the lead content issue, and I have it
in writing.

So, why would you tell me not to do it? _I_ am not making food with
leaded brass -- I am building a machine to the customer's specs, and have
made sure he's educated on it. There's no more I need to do.

I cannot predict what he'll do with the device or even if "pasta" is what
he's extruding. HE called it a "pasta extruder", and after suitable
warnings, that's where my responsibility ends.

If it were my contract, I'd want to check with them damn revenuers to
make sure they wouldn't come after me for doing precisely what the
customer wanted, especially concerning lead. In Govspeak, that's the L
word.

--
[Television is] the triumph of machine over people.
-- Fred Allen