Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default 13 countries that pay higher mfg. salaries than the US

On 12/25/2011 9:35 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
To anyone who thinks that US manufacturing salaries, including
benefits, are harming our industries or trade, consider that there are
13 other countries that pay mo

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...the-us/250460/

So much for that idea. Some of the countries on that list are among
the most successful exporters of manufactured goods.

Back to the drawing board...

There's something fishy in the counting methinks...

http://www.oica.net/category/production-statistics/

Overall US production is ~25% larger than Germany--I suspect many of the
SUVs, PUs that are used essentially as passenger cars, etc., are in the
"commercial" classification and therefore not in the above comparison.
There's a much different vehicle mix in US vis a vis Europe.

It's 8:6, roughly, overall production US:Germany