Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default 13 countries that pay higher mfg. salaries than the US

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 05:50:50 -0600, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

On 12/25/2011 9:35 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
To anyone who thinks that US manufacturing salaries, including
benefits, are harming our industries or trade, consider that there are
13 other countries that pay mo

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...the-us/250460/

So much for that idea. Some of the countries on that list are among
the most successful exporters of manufactured goods.

Back to the drawing board...

How about a comparison of actual take home pay after taxes and other
deductions?

David

You may also be interested in this current article in _Forbes_:

"How Germany Builds Twice as Many Cars as the U.S. While Paying Its
Workers Twice as Much"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/frederic...twice-as-much/

If you aren't familiar with the term, "neo-liberal," as used by IG
Metall's executive, means free-enterprise, privatization, and
globalized trade -- what we would call "conservative economics."

--
Ed Huntress