Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Chuck Banshee Chuck Banshee is offline

Default Does having multiple RJ45 jacks degrade the Internet signal alot?

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 14:34:36 -0500, clare wrote:
I would not bother splitting the cable - you have enough cable to do
it right and run 2 cables - which will allow you to move to gigabyte
ethernet later if technology dictates. Gives you redundancy too.

I understand and agree.

Home Depot didn't have anything between 100 feet (which was too short)
and 500 feet (which is probably three times what I need).

Here's a picture of the box of cable that I bought:
- $75 cat5e 24AWG solid core indoor/outdoor "tan"
- http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/7223279.gif

Here are 6 pictures of the current (abomination) setup:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.i...53f219bb15302a