Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Chuck Banshee Chuck Banshee is offline

Default Does having multiple RJ45 jacks degrade the Internet signal alot?

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 10:04:45 -0800, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

All ethernet devices are "active". The last time there was a "passive"
hub was with ARCNET. It's just an "ethernet switch".

Thank you for that advice (as I was parroting the word "active" from
advice given earlier in this helpful thread).

I do greatly appreciate this clarification (just as I did in 'wire'
versus 'cable').

I'm already confusing enough to try to understand so I'll try to use
'wire' as a verb; and to drop the 'active' adjective in ethernet switch.

You can ALWAYS correct me as I appreciate the subtleties!