Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Chuck Banshee Chuck Banshee is offline

Default Does having multiple RJ45 jacks degrade the Internet signal alot?

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 06:25:33 -0800, wrote:

Only other issues I'd be concerned with is that the wire used for the
low voltage power is of sufficient gauge for the length.

The salmon colored Home Depot outdoor-rated solid conductor cat5 cable
($75 for 500 feet) is 24 AWG.

I'm guessing it's ~100 feet to the office in the center of the house
(including zig zags inherent in routing the wire).

The POE is 15 volts (but I have no problem buying a higher-voltage POE if
that is what is needed).

I guess I 'could' go up in size to 23 AWG cat5 cable - but the initial
comments intimated this gauge solid wire should be find for three times
the distance I'm calculating. (I think.)