Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Chuck Banshee Chuck Banshee is offline

Default Does having multiple RJ45 jacks degrade the Internet signal alot?

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 06:01:15 -0800, wrote:
Another issue I'd be concerned about is lightning protection. Since the
antenna is outside, I'd make sure the mast is directly grounded and I'd
also put some kind of surge protection on the wires entering the house.

Oh oh. I thought that by virtue of the fact the steel mast is stuck into
the ground that it was 'protected' from lightning.

What kind of surge protection goes on a cat5 cable?