Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless

Default Does having multiple RJ45 jacks degrade the Internet signal a lot?

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 06:41:34 +0000 (UTC), Chuck Banshee
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 12:10:20 -0500, Justin Time wrote:
Centralize a wireless router and forego wiring the house.

That's essentially what I'm attempting.

I'll wire from the WISP antenna to the house (~ about 75') and then from
the house to the center of the house (~ another 25') where I'll put a
Linksys WRT54G wireless router.

I was mostly wondering if it was a good idea to BREAK the line at the
point where it entered the house (and put a jack there plus the POE power
supply) ... or ... if I should strive to keep the line intact up to the
router in the center of the house.

With that distance, and setup, one piece to the center of the house
would be my recommendation.