Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.internet.wireless

Default Does having multiple RJ45 jacks degrade the Internet signal a lot?

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 19:29:24 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 17:21:37 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

For new installations, I usually recommend running conduit in the
walls from a central location (star topology). This is roughly the
way structured wiring is done.

You've mentioned the star topology twice now. I agree it is the best
way to build the wired network. If one segment goes down, the rest of
the network is still up. Easier to trouble shoot a single segment.

Using a ring topology means more troubleshooting.

Cannot run ring topology ethernet except on Co-ax.. AKA Slo-ax