Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Testing dollhouse circuits and bulbs

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 12/23/2011 3:10 PM, Robert Green wrote:

IIRC, you're in the midwest(?) so we'll probably be getting the cold

soon.

Far SW KS, yes. 3F this AM. Not sure whether this front is going E
that far or not at...

They usually do. )-: It's 36F and dropping here in Christmas Eve.
Sometimes we're saved by a strong enough front from the SW to force bad
weather on New Englanders - that happened with the last three major snow
storms, IIRC. We got a dusting and they got a dumping. Sometimes we're at
the border of warm wet southern air and cold, dry northern air and get close
to 3 feet of snow.

I spent some time in Kansas at Ft. Leavenworth on a number of assignments
(and for the comedians, no, it wasn't the prison). Kansas has the best
steakhouses in the world! I believe that 10,000 years from now archeologists
are going to think Kansans were cow worshippers because there are so many
statutes of bulls everywhere. I took lots of pictures of them but that was
back in the days before digital cameras and my dozens of pictures of "Bulls
of Kansas" await scanning and may await scanning forever. I can hardly
bring myself to scan the important family stuff. Bulls are gonna hafta
wait.

I was just watching a HistCh show about "Jayhawkers" and the religious
strife that existed in pre-Civil War Kansas. Couldn't help thinking of
modern day parallels and wondering how bad things would have been back then
if, like modern religious nutcakes, they had high explosives and AK-47's
(which have killed way more people than any WMD ever did!) . Nation
building is often pretty bloody business. It certainly was for the US.

One of my GF's was from Lawrence, which I learned was populated mostly by
anti-slavers from New England. I remember her dad railing on and on about
the movie "Days of Heaven" (which we had just all seen) because they got the
harvesting schedules all wrong and because the location, while meant to be
Kansas, had rolling hills and flora that was clearly not Kansan. (-: My
wife loved and hates the "Hurt Locker" for the same reasons - too much that
was just not "how its really done."

--
Bobby G.