Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) is offline

Default One Tonne Gold Coin

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 18:41:02 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 10:41:14 +1100, "Grumpy"
wrote:

I would Dave, but its too heavy for my tinnie. That's Strine (
Australian)
for alluminium row boat)

If the rest of the English speaking world cuts Oz some slack, speaking
Strine will allow you to keep your probationary status as a member of
the English speaking countries. Too many additional funny words for
things, and your probation will be revoked.

BTW, I thought a "tinnie" was Strine for a can of beer. I would be
lost in Oz without some quick lessons in the local dialect.
Dave

Yep. Tinnie is also used for a beer. True Aussies prefer the beerincans as
its easier to cool down quickly. If you have access to a buld propane truck
a couple of squirts of liquid propane will cool a tinnie, but it will break
a bottle.

Why does that strike me as quintessentially Australian?

It's marginally safer to use a truck with bulk Carbon Dioxide or
Liquid Nitrogen, but Propane works fine if done with a bit of care

Liquid Oxygen would work too, but any loose oil or grease and it could
also get real exciting, real fast. Heck, you can light asphalt paving
on fire... Let's not, and say we did.

-- Bruce --