Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Picasaweb, Google+ and link-to-photo

On Dec 23, 10:54*am, Tim Watts wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:

is it impossible to create a link to a
single photo in a Google Picasaweb album?

Can't see any way OTHER than delving into the source of the page, e.g.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5ySbISGdPYQ/TvQ7QFl7QVI/AAAAAAAAPzk...

Used to be able to with with old Google photos but since getting a
Google+ account, viewing a photo is now an Ajax "pop up"...

You can SHARE it with others, but that assumes they're G+ users in one
of your circles.

Thanks to everyone for confirming I'm not mad...

The main attraction for Google was Picasa as a way to organise stuff offline
and then sync (ie when I am jacked into a gig link at work).

But they seem to have truely f**ked up PicasaWeb. As you noticed, it is
optimised for G+ sharing and bugger all else.

And the URLs suck.

Been playing with Flickr and am trying dfo for linux as a picasa alternative
- unfortunately, seems to crash on trying to upload anything

Opera Unite. You need Opera browser on both computers and enable unite.