Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_3_] Tony Bryer[_3_] is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

On Sat, 24 Dec 2011 15:47:46 +0000 (GMT) Dave Plowman (News) wrote :
It was a pointless test though, all it showed was using a vehicle in a
way that it's not designed to be used results in less than optimum
performance.

So it's not designed to be driven fast or even enthusiastically? Figures.

You need a minimal knowledge of these matters to know that a Prius will
shine in stop/start urban traffic and offers much less for faster non-stop
driving. But when I had mine on hire in June, the overall 62mpg included
drives from London to Bristol and Shropshire via motorways. But then I
drove it like a limousine, not a sports car. And yes, I realise that
driving in a restrained manner (not slow) manner would deliver significant
economy on many other cars too - but not in city traffic.

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com