Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Lets have green public transport

Doctor Drivel wrote:
wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 19:27:00 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

I do not care how the countryside feels one iota. I was looking
around in Herts and saw a large green area that few went to, with a
rail line running
through and the odd B road there. The rail line could have been
dropped into a cut & cover trunnel and a new village built over. Surface
rail lines
divide a community. That is whay sopme are on the ouskirst of a
village/town. Run the lines under for 1/2 miles or so quite
cheaply with an
undergound station, keeping the place together. A station pops up
in the vibrant "centre". So easy to do. So easy to spread out.

So easy to flood.

You put drainage in ****wit. Otherwise no tunnels would have been
built. Duh!

I wonder where the Channel Tunnel drains go to. Australia?

--
Adam