Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lets have green public transport

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
Unions are a very good idea in any well run industry. Allowing management
a convenient way to negotiate etc with their workforce. As all the
successful companies know only too well.

Well a very few places where I've worked in the past they didn't have
Unions as they were very well run companies. And if a company is well
run there're shouldn't be a need for a Union thats just a needed
response to the **** poor management that sometimes still prevails...

How do you explain to each and every member of staff in a large company
how any pay rise etc is arrived at? By letter?
Also, a member of staff with a grievance or whatever is likely being
happier talking it over with a colleague who is a member of that union
rather than a manager. The rep can then put across the point - likely
without the heat of the previous scenario.

Of course none of that would be needed with a perfectly run company. But
being run by humans, most unlikely.

--
*Some days we are the flies; some days we are the windscreen.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.