Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Plumbing question

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 20:26:14 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

The shower head is 3 inches shorter than it is supposed to be. The
contractor measured from the rough floor and forgot to take into
account the tile height and the cement and tile that was added.

It is at 6' 4" and the one in our downstairs bathroom is 6' 7" which
is a good height for me.

This really stinks because the bathroom was looking so good and he has
been meticulous about everything and we really like him.

He told us he would take care of it but I'd like to get some feedback
here as to what our options are to raise that rough opening height.

The shower is fully tiled now but they didn't do the grout yet.

Easy to do. There are various ways to extend it. Add a new length of
tubing or add three inches to the existing piece. The tile can be
removed and possibly moved up one space if the measurement is close.

Rather than worry, let the skilled tradesmen do what they are good at
doing and you will never know there was an error. This sort of thing
happens and is fixed.