Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Anyone have a PEMserter machine handy?

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 16:31:28 -0800, the renowned Jon Anderson
wrote:

I made more than a few custom punches and anvils for PEMserter presses.
Been too long, I can't remember for sure, but I really don't recall
turning the tooling to fit the holder. But I'm fairly sure the press
that shop had used 1/2" dia. tooling, not 3/8.

Jon

Hi, Jon:-

There's a few kinds of PEMserter. I'm looking at the LT4 tooling.

I found a drawing for a Penn 3/8 to 1/2 adapter that has a 0.501 hole
to a 0.374 pin so I guess they split the difference. I'll use a 3/8
nominal reamer then and lap it out later, if required.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany